Friday, August 25, 2017

Ellen Whyte reviews The Persian Always Meows Twice, a cozy mystery by Eileen Watkins


Cats and murder - couldn’t be better, right? I’ve been in the mood for cozy mysteries recently because I enjoy the short and sweet action. Also, I do love trying to spotting the killer!

The Persian Always Meows Twice by Eileen Watkins is a classic, with Cassie the heroine running away from a bad relationship and into new romance and business - until her best customer is found dead in his mansion, with his Persian standing there all worried.

I loved the way the author clearly spent some time researching the grooming and cattery business because all the details were perfect. I also enjoyed the solid plot line - and I did the spot the murderer but only at the very last moment, which was deliciously satisfying.

Cassie was a little bit too prissy for me but cosy romance readers do tend to favour that kind of girl so I think it will be a smash hit. Definitely recommended!

I received this book from the publishers through Net Galley and am reviewing voluntarily.

Want to check out the book?

The Persian Always Meows Twice
By Eileen Watkins
Paperback, 304 pages
Expected publication: September 26th 2017 by Kensington  
On Goodreads  and on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment